Mobile Vocational Education to improve the Tourism Skills (Move-up)
Duration: 18 Months (June 2018- December 2019)
- To upskill the existing work force in middle level hotels, guest houses and Food & Beverage outlets, in four districts viz., Ampara, Batticaloa, Polonnaruwa and Trincomalee.
- To mobilize new entrants from targeted districts to the expanding tourism industry through specified tourism career guidance programs.
- To create a positive attitude towards the Tourism and Hospitality Industry among Youth, People with disabilities and women in four Districts through social marketing campaigns.
- To identify employment opportunities by enterprises that can be addressed by the training providers
- To provide a mobile training and assessment service to support the tourism and hospitality industry
Implementing partner: National Apprentice and Industrial Training Authority (NAITA)
Learn more > Fact Sheet