Tourism is one of the largest socioeconomic sectors and income generators in Sri Lanka with a 12.5% contribution towards the country’s GDP in 2018. The industry provides a comparative advantage for women with more benefits than other sectors of the economy, with greater emphasis on flexible work options, increased entrepreneurship that does not require heavy start-up financing and opportunities through the sharing economy through online platforms such as Airbnb, Yoho Bed and Booking.com, etc.
Gender inclusion and women’s empowerment at centre of S4IG’s tourism recovery initiative
- සංචාරක ව්යාපාරය හා ප්රජා සහභාගීත්වය – ශ්රී ලාංකීය සංචාරක ව්යාපාරයේ ඉදිරි මඟ?
- சுற்றுலா மற்றும் சமுகப் பங்கேற்பு – இலங்கை சுற்றுலாத்துறையின் எதிர்காலம் என்ன?
- Tourism and community participation – The way forward for Sri Lankan tourism?
- Gender Inclusion and Women’s Empowerment at the Centre of S4IG’s Tourism Recovery Initiative
- Gender inclusion and women’s empowerment at centre of S4IG’s tourism recovery initiative